Keys Of Hope: Unlocking Peace of Mind
In partnership with Living Well Clinic, an initiative of IMPACT Xenia
To Educate, Equip, & Encourage
IMPACT Xenia & Living Well Clinic has a vision to see our community collaboratively unified and focused on a goal that positively impacts the lives of all its residents and guests. By hosting and sponsoring the 2023 Conference, Keys to Hope, we work to fulfill this vision by creating an even greater opportunity for community education in the area of mental health within our region.
$25 Per Person
Ticket price includes lunch, as well as snacks and beverages available throughout the day.
About the Conference
Who should attend?
– Individuals struggling with mental health issues
– Family members and friends supporting someone with mental health issues
– Mental health professionals
– Clergy and religious leaders
– Medical professionals
– Community members interested in learning more about mental health and support
What can attendees expect?
– Sessions covering various topics related to mental health, such as understanding different mental health disorders, coping strategies, and self-care
– Testimonials and personal stories from individuals who have overcome mental health challenges
– Resources and information about available support networks and organizations
– Opportunities for networking and connecting with others who have similar experiences
– A safe and supportive environment to openly discuss mental health and faith
– Gain a better understanding of mental health and the support available
– Learn coping strategies and self-care techniques
– Connect with others who have similar experiences
– Obtain resources and information about available support networks and organizations
– Receive insights from experts in the field
– Expand your knowledge and skills related to mental health
– Explore the intersection of mental health and faith
– Contribute to breaking down the stigma surrounding mental health within faith
Date & Time
October 14, 2023 from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Registration End Date
October 11, 2023 at 11:59 PM
Share With Friends
A Note from Our Conference Founder
After being diagnosed with depression and anxiety in 2000, I experienced firsthand the stigma, the misconceptions, the lack of resources, and even denial regarding mental health, both in the community and the church. I began searching for support and guidance but failed to find any personal stories with faith-based answers. So, with the goal of learning about my own mental health, I began coordinating faith-based seminars at my church, bringing in counselors, authors, professors, ministry leaders, and fellow sufferers as speakers on various topics with the goal of educating, equipping, and encouraging those who need help and those who need to help others more effectively.
This conference has grown and expanded over the last few years into an event that provides valuable information and resources for so many whose lives are affected by mental health issues in one way or another. It has also broken down many stigma barriers and opened doors to honest communication in the community and the church. Since the first seminar in 2015, our culture has changed exponentially in the mental health field, with an increase in awareness, but unfortunately also an increase in diagnoses. Our vision for this conference is to continue to educate, equip, and encourage our community and bring hope and healing to those around us.
MC & Key Note Speaker: Pastor Greg Delaney
Compassion in Action – Principles for Faith-Leaders Serving Those with Mental Illness and their Caregivers
Pastor Greg Delaney, B.S. is a distinguished leader and ordained minister who has dedicated his life to the field of faith-based recovery, advocating for effective approaches to addiction recovery that integrate faith and spirituality.
Changes, and Losses, and Feelings: OH MY
Presenter: Jessica Buczek
In this presentation, Jessica will talk about WHAT change/loss is, the various TYPES of change/loss that people experience, the MYTHS surrounding change/loss, the feelings and thoughts that can be triggered when change/loss occurs, our RESPONSES to change/loss, and HOW TO MANAGE change/loss when it occurs.
Jessica is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)
Techniques to Regulate Your Nervous System
Presenter: Jennifer Geitgey
Regulating the autonomic nervous system is key to accessing feelings of safety and calm. This workshop will explain how the nervous system relates to mental health and give participants tangible exercises to help increase nervous system regulation.
Jennifer is a Functional Nutrition and Lifestyle Practitioner, MS, APRN-Clinical Nurse Specialist
Beyond Resilience: Building Hope Through Troubled Circumstances
Presenter: Luke Tse
Luke is a Professor of Psychology, PhD in Psychology & Counseling, LPC, LMFT
The intersection of spiritual and psychological healing in spiritual formation.
Presenter: Mark Moorman
Why do I do what I don’t want to do and why don’t I do what I want to do? While this presentation won’t completely answer that age-old question, it can help give you some insight and perspective on how to go about obtaining lasting change.
Mark is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)